Thanks to their reduced size, the
Compact Radial Cutting Units
F.R.C., may be assembled
and disassembled from the excavator as a common bucket.
The cutting units
F.R.C. range are simple; no skilled labour or maintenance are necessary,
except for the oil change.
The hydraulic motor, which transmits a rotational movement to the cutting heads, may be
connected with the foreseen breaking hammer system via the same pipelines located on any
The cutting unit may be fitted on the excavator with an angle of rotation of 90° in
respect to its arm, so that it allows to carry out very narrow drain pipes or cuttings.
Thanks to its practicality in assembling and to the reduced cost, the cutting unit
may be considered an option to be used in place of bucket, breaking hammer, ripper, etc.,
then of considerable help for any excavator, which can enlarge its operating field.
It has the merit of functioning with low noise emission ; this equipment is suitable where
the breaking hammers are too much noisy.
ROTATION SYSTEM WITH HYDRAULICS JACKS
The excavators used for
these applications are prepared with slew powered by hydraulic jacks
instead of the slewing-ring and pinion system.
This modification is of fundamental importance since it eliminates the
backlash between pinion and slewing-ring, which causes impacts and
vibration on the boom during excavation.
Moreover, the forces involved in cutting are too high for the pinion and
spraying system for the dust laying.
Exhaust gas depurating system.
F.R.C. cutting units may be used for :
- Tunnelling excavation (with a considerable saving as regard to a special self-loading
- Scraping of damaged surfaces to be restored (like railway or motor-way tunnels, drain
- Foundations (when the hardness of material to be excavated doesnt allow to use the
- Carrying out of cuttings or drain pipes ( for example, sewage for rubbish tip);
- Cutting of asphalted surfaces;
- Partial or complete demolition;
- Excavation for pipe laying into the sea;
- Etc .....
The data will vary according to the
hydraulic performance of the excavator where the cutting unit is fitted on.